Visas to China
Minimize the possibilities for error. Please ask for our assistance package where one of our agents will send you a step by step guide and personalized assistance in order to walk you through the process.
From the moment that we receive your documents, you can be guaranteed that we use the outmost confidentiality and care in handling your information and preparing your documents.

China Work Visa

An Employment Visa, or Z Visa, is issued to a foreigner who intends to move to China for a post or employment, along with his/her accompanying family members.

Visa Requirements:

  1. Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from your planned departure date and have at least one blank page in it.

    • The amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for visa stamps.
    • If you do not have any blank visa pages in your passport, you must first amend your passport to have pages added.
    • If your passport expires within six months, you must first renew your passport.

    We can assist you in obtaining a new US passport, renewing your current one, or obtaining additional visa pages for your current passport. We will secure your visa using the added pages or the new passport.

  2. One completed Visa Application Form (Q1). NOTE: Improperly completed forms may delay the processing of your visa.
  3. One passport picture in color, front view and with a plain/light background.
  4. One copy of your round trip airline ticket and hotel reservation.
  5. Click here for China Consular Fees and the visa processing options. The China Consular fee and the Inter-American Group Service Fee must be paid separately.
  6. Two Letters of Authorization to process your visa.
  7. Complete the Customer Order Form.
  8. An official Invitation from China.
  9. Work Permit: the original plus one photocopy
  10. Alien Employment License issued by China Ministry of Labor and Social Security (Chinese Foreign Expert Bureau). This permit should be obtained for you by your Chinese employer.
  11. A Visa Authorization Notice: Issued by an authorized Chinese unit (usually the Foreign Affairs Office of the local government), this document should be sent to you by your Chinese Employer. Accompanying family members must submit a visa notification issued by the authorized Chinese unit or proof of kinship (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc).
  12. A Physical Examination: (required by the San Francisco office only) Please download the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners, have your physician fill it out, and send it with a passport-type picture attached.


China Work Visa Validity:

This visa is for a single entry and is valid for a period of 30-days. You must register at the local Public Security Bureau within 48 hours of arriving in China. There is no multiple-entry for this type of Visa.

During the 30-day period, your employer should begin the process of registering you for a Residency Permit. Once a Residency Permit is obtained, you will be able to travel in and out of China without the need for a multiple entry visa for as long as your Residency Permit is valid. Residency permits are usually valid for the term of your contract and are usually not given for longer than one year.

You cannot leave China and try to reenter until you have successfully completed the Residency Permit process. Otherwise, you will have to begin the entire Work Visa process over again from the beginning. Once you obtain your Residency Permit, you will be able to come and go as you wish.

Additional Requirements:

  • Non US citizens, temporary foreign visitors with a valid US visa, or foreign residents with legitimate status in the US may apply for a visa to China.  Applicants in these categories must send a photocopy of their US Green Card, Work Permit, I-20 Form, valid US Visa, and valid ID along with the above requirements.  The Embassy will decide whether to issue the visa on a case by case basis. The Embassy may ask the applicant to provide additional documents.
  • Former Chinese nationals who are first time applicants, must write their Chinese name in the application form and submit their original Chinese passport plus a photocopy of the information page of the passport. If there has been a name change from the Chinese passport to the US one, the official documents for the name change should be provided. Former Chinese citizens who have already acquired a Chinese visa in their US passport must submit the old US passport or a photocopy of the Chinese visa in addition to the new US passport.
    Please send the above documents Courier Service, FEDEX, UPS or Airport Delivery at the following address, and email with the tracking number:
    Inter-American Group, Inc. –
    1620 I Street, N.W. Suite 701
    Washington, D.C. 20006

  • If you have any questions, please contact us.
  • The Chinese Embassy will not accept Visa applications by mail. Applicants must either contract an agency like Inter-American Group or apply in person.
  • Please read the relevant application instructions.
  • Submitted Visa applications must be filled out completely and correctly.

1620 I Street, N.W. Suite 701 Washington, D.C. 20006
Phone: (202) 223-7203 - Fax: (202) 223-7205 
Toll Free: 1-866-727-7362

Inter-American Group Inc BBB Business Review Find us:
Travel Tools
Business Visa to China
Need a VisaBusiness Visas (F Visas) are issued to a foreigner who is invited to China for a business visit, an investigation, a lecture, scientific,-technological and cultural exchanges, short-term advanced studies or an internship for a period of no more than six months.

Tourist Visa to China
Need a VisaTourist Visas (L Visas) are issued to a foreigner who wants to visit China for sightseeing or to visit family or friends as well as for other personal affairs. [more]

Work Visa to China

Need a VisaEmployment Visas (Z Visas) are issued to a foreigner who intends to move to China for a post or employment, as well as for their accompanying family members. [more]