Visas to China
Minimize the possibilities for error. Please ask for our assistance package where one of our agents will send you a step by step guide and personalized assistance in order to walk you through the process.
From the moment that we receive your documents, you can be guaranteed that we use the outmost confidentiality and care in handling your information and preparing your documents.

China Teacher’s Work Visa (Z) :

A Teacher’s Work Visa, or (Z) Visa, is issued to a foreigner who is planning on going to China for a teaching position, as well as to their accompanying family members.

Visa Validity:

The Teacher’s Work Visa is usually a single entry visa and valid only for a period of 30 days from the date of issue. Once in China you must register at the local Public Security Bureau in China within 48 hours. There is no multiple-entry teaching visa. 

During the next 30-day period, your employer should begin registering you for a Residence Permit. Once a Resident Permit is obtained, you will be able to travel in and out of China without the need of a multiple entry visa for as long as your Residence Permit is valid. Residence permits are usually valid for the term of your contract and usually for no more than one year.

Visa holders cannot leave China with the expectation to reenter the country until successfully completing the Residence Permit process.  Otherwise, you will have to begin the entire visa process over. Only after obtaining the Residence permit can one leave the country and reenter.

Visa Requirements:

  1. Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from your planned departure date as well as have at least one blank page in it. 

    • The amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for visa stamps.
    • If you do not have any blank visa pages in your passport, you must first amend your passport to have pages added.
    • If your passport expires within six months, you must first renew your passport.

    We can assist you in obtaining a new US passport, renewing your current one, or obtaining additional visa pages for your current valid passport. We will secure your visa using the added pages or new passport.

  2. One completed Visa Application Form (Q1). NOTE: Improperly completed forms may delay the processing of your visa.
  3. One passport picture in color, front view and with a plain/light background.
  4. One copy of your airline tickets and hotel reservation.
  5. Click here for China Consular Fees and the visa processing options. The China Consular fee and the Inter-American Group Service Fee must be paid separately.
  6. Two Letters of Authorization to process your visa.
  7. One completed Customer Order Form.
  8. The original Work Permit, issued by the China State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (CSAFEA) in the Chinese Foreign Expert Bureau as well as one photocopy.. The permit should be obtained for you by your Chinese employer.
  9. A Visa Authorization Notice that is issued by an authorized Chinese unit (usually the Foreign Affairs Office of the local government), this document should be sent to you by your Chinese Employer.  Accompanying family members must submit a visa notification issued by the authorized Chinese unit, or proof of kinship (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.).
  10. A Physical Examination: required by the San Francisco office only. Please download the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners, have your physician fill it out, and send it with a passport-type picture attached.

Additional Requirements:

  • Non US Citizens, temporary foreign visitors with a valid US visa, or foreign residents with legal status in the US may apply for a visa to China.  Applicants in these categories must send a photocopy of their US Green Card, Work Permit, I-20 Form, valid US Visa, and valid ID along with the above requirements.  The Embassy will decide whether to issue the visa on a case by case basis. The Embassy may ask the applicant to provide additional documents.
  • A first-time applicant whose a former Chinese citizen  must write their Chinese name in the application form and submit their original Chinese passport and a photocopy of the information page of the passport.In the event of a name change, the official documents for the name change should be provided. For a former Chinese citizen who has already acquired a visa to china preand has acquired a new US passport and has a Chinese visa in the old US passport, he/she must submit the old US passport or a photocopy of the Chinese visa in addition to the new US passport.

Please send the above documents via Courier Service, FEDEX, UPS or Airport Delivery to the following address, and email with the tracking number:
Inter-American Group, Inc. –
1620 I Street, N.W. Suite 701
Washington, D.C. 20006

  • If you have any questions, please contact us.
  • The Chinese Embassy will not accept Visa applications by mail. Applicants must either contract an agency like Inter-American Group or apply in person.
  • Please read the relevant application instructions.
  • Submitted Visa applications must be filled out completely and correctly.

1620 I Street, N.W. Suite 701 Washington, D.C. 20006
Phone: (202) 223-7203 - Fax: (202) 223-7205 
Toll Free: 1-866-727-7362

Inter-American Group Inc BBB Business Review Find us:
Travel Tools
Business Visa to China
Need a VisaBusiness Visas (F Visas) are issued to a foreigner who is invited to China for a business visit, an investigation, a lecture, scientific,-technological and cultural exchanges, short-term advanced studies or an internship for a period of no more than six months.

Tourist Visa to China
Need a VisaTourist Visas (L Visas) are issued to a foreigner who wants to visit China for sightseeing or to visit family or friends as well as for other personal affairs. [more]

Work Visa to China

Need a VisaEmployment Visas (Z Visas) are issued to a foreigner who intends to move to China for a post or employment, as well as for their accompanying family members. [more]