Visas to China
Minimize the possibilities for error. Please ask for our assistance package where one of our agents will send you a step by step guide and personalized assistance in order to walk you through the process.
From the moment that we receive your documents, you can be guaranteed that we use the outmost confidentiality and care in handling your information and preparing your documents.

China Student (X) Visa Requirements

Student Visa,  (X-Visa), is issued to foreigner who is planning to go to China for studies, training, or participate in an internship for a period longer than six months. Those who plan to be in China for less than six months should apply for an (F) Visa. 

Student Visa Validity:

Generally, a student Visa is valid for one entry within three months of the date of issue. If your duration of study is 10 months or more, and you are a US citizen, you may apply for a multiple entry  student Visa, which is valid for 12 months. The holder of a Student visa must go through the residential formalities at their local Chinese Public Security Department within 30 days of entry into China.

Holders of a Student visa should enter China within the validity of the visa. They should then go through the formalities for a Residence Permit at a local public security authority within 30 days after their entry into China. The period of time that the Residence Permit is given is the time that the individual is staying in China.

Student Visas will only be issued based on the Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202). If the duration of your study is less than 10 months, only a single entry Visa (X) will be issued. If you need to exit China during your study period, you may apply for a re-entry permit before leaving China.

Visa Requirements:

  1. Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from your date of departure and have at from the date of your planned departure and have at least one blank visa page in it.  

    • The amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for visa stamps.
    • If you do not have any blank visa pages in your passport, you must first amend your passport to have pages added.
    • If your passport expires within six months, you must first renew your passport.

    We can assist you in obtaining a new US passport, renewing your current one, or obtaining additional visa pages for your current valid passport. We will secure your visa using the added pages or new passport.

  2. One completed Visa Application Form (Q1). NOTE: Improperly completed forms may delay the processing of your visa.
  3. One passport picture in color, front view and with a plain/light background.
  4. One copy of your round trip airline tickets and hotel reservation.
  5. Click here for China Consular Fees and the visa processing options. The China Consular fee and the Inter-American Group Service Fee must be paid separately.
  6. Two Letters of Authorization to process your visa.
  7. One completed Customer Order Form.
  8. The original and a photocopy of your approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202) issued by the relevant Chinese government unit, and the admission notice from the Chinese school (a letter of acceptance from the Chinese School).
  9. If you will study in China for more than one year you must also provide a completed Physical Examination Certificate (Form Q2).

Additional Requirements:

  • Non US-citizens, temporary foreign visitors with a valid US visa, or foreign residents with legal status in the US may apply for a visa to China.  Applicants in these categories must send a photocopy of their US Green Card, Work Permit, I-20 Form, valid US Visa, and valid ID along with the above requirements.  The Embassy will decide whether to issue the visa on a case by case basis. The Embassy may ask the applicant to provide additional documents.

  • A first-time applicant who was a former Chinese citizens, must write their Chinese name on the application form and submit their original Chinese passport and a photocopy of the information page of the passport. If the name in the new passport is different from that in the old one, the official documents for the name change should be provided. For an applicant who was formerly Chinese and has acquired a new US passport and has a Chinese visa in the old US passport, they must submit the old US passport or a photocopy of the Chinese visa in addition to the new US passport.

Please send the above documents via Courier Service, FEDEX, UPS or Airport Delivery to the following address, and email with the tracking number:
Inter-American Group, Inc. –
1620 I Street, N.W. Suite 701
Washington, D.C. 20006

  • If you have any questions, please contact us.
  • The Chinese Embassy will not accept Visa applications by mail. Applicants must either contract an agency like Inter-American Group or apply in person.
  • Please read the relevant application instructions.
  • Submitted Visa applications must be filled out completely and correctly.


1620 I Street, N.W. Suite 701 Washington, D.C. 20006
Phone: (202) 223-7203 - Fax: (202) 223-7205 
Toll Free: 1-866-727-7362

Inter-American Group Inc BBB Business Review Find us:
Travel Tools
Business Visa to China
Need a VisaBusiness Visas (F Visas) are issued to a foreigner who is invited to China for a business visit, an investigation, a lecture, scientific,-technological and cultural exchanges, short-term advanced studies or an internship for a period of no more than six months.

Tourist Visa to China
Need a VisaTourist Visas (L Visas) are issued to a foreigner who wants to visit China for sightseeing or to visit family or friends as well as for other personal affairs. [more]

Work Visa to China

Need a VisaEmployment Visas (Z Visas) are issued to a foreigner who intends to move to China for a post or employment, as well as for their accompanying family members. [more]