Visas to China
Minimize the possibilities for error. Please ask for our assistance package where one of our agents will send you a step by step guide and personalized assistance in order to walk you through the process.
From the moment that we receive your documents, you can be guaranteed that we use the outmost confidentiality and care in handling your information and preparing your documents.

Resident Visa (D) to China

A Resident Visa, or (D) Visa, is issued to a foreigner who intends to reside permanently in China.

Visa Requirements:

  1. Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from your planned departure date and have at least one blank page in it. 

    • The amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for visa stamps.
    • If you do not have any blank visa pages in your passport, you must first amend your passport to have pages added.
    • If your passport expires within six months, you must first renew your passport.

    We can assist you in obtaining a new US passport, renewing your current one, or obtaining additional visa pages for your current valid passport. We will secure your visa using the added pages or new passport.

  2. One completed Visa Application Form (Q1). NOTE: Improperly completed forms may delay the processing of your visa.
  3. One passport picture in color, front view and with a plain/light background.
  4. A Residence Approval Certificate issued by the Chinese Public Security Bureau. The applicant may entrust their relatives within China to apply for this certificate with the said authority.
  5. Physical Examination Certificate for foreign citizen.
  6. Two Authorization Letters.
  7. One completed Customer Order Form.
  8. Click here for China Consular Fees and the visa processing options. The China Consular Fee and the Inter-American Group Service Fee must be paid separately.

Additional Requirements:

  • Non US-passport holders, temporary foreign visitors with a valid US visa, or foreign residents with legitimate status in the US may apply for a visa to China.  Applicants in these categories must send a photocopy of their US Green Card, Work Permit, I-20 Form, valid US Visa, and valid ID along with the above requirements.  The Embassy will decide whether to issue the visa on a case by case basis. The Embassy may always ask the applicant to provide additional documents.
  • A first-time applicant of former Chinese nationality, must write their Chinese name on the application form and submit their original Chinese passport and the photocopy of the information page of th passport; if the name in the new passport is different from that in the old one, the official documents for the name change need to be provided. For a former Chinese applicant who is a US Citizen  and has a Chinese visa in the old US passport, they must submit the old US passport or a photocopy of the Chinese visa in addition to the new US passport.
  • When applying for a child  whose parents are Chinese citizens, the applicant must provide a copy of the child's birth certificate, a copy of the parents' Chinese passports and proof of parents' legal status in the United States. The parents must also submit a Letter of Authorization signed by both parents.
  • When applying for a minor of US Citizenship, the parents must provide a copy of the child's birth certificate, a copy the information page of each parent’s passport, and a letter of authorization signed by both parents.

Please send the above documents via Courier Service, FEDEX, UPS or Airport Delivery to the following address, and email with the tracking number:
Inter-American Group, Inc. –
1620 I Street, N.W. Suite 701
Washington, D.C. 20006

  • If you have any questions, please contact us.
  • The Chinese Embassy will not accept Visa applications by mail. Applicants must either contract an agency like Inter-American Group or apply in person.
  • Please read the relevant application instructions.
  • Submitted Visa applications must be filled out completely and correctly.

1620 I Street, N.W. Suite 701 Washington, D.C. 20006
Phone: (202) 223-7203 - Fax: (202) 223-7205 
Toll Free: 1-866-727-7362

Inter-American Group Inc BBB Business Review Find us:
Travel Tools
Business Visa to China
Need a VisaBusiness Visas (F Visas) are issued to a foreigner who is invited to China for a business visit, an investigation, a lecture, scientific,-technological and cultural exchanges, short-term advanced studies or an internship for a period of no more than six months.

Tourist Visa to China
Need a VisaTourist Visas (L Visas) are issued to a foreigner who wants to visit China for sightseeing or to visit family or friends as well as for other personal affairs. [more]

Work Visa to China

Need a VisaEmployment Visas (Z Visas) are issued to a foreigner who intends to move to China for a post or employment, as well as for their accompanying family members. [more]