Visas to China
Minimize the possibilities for error. Please ask for our assistance package where one of our agents will send you a step by step guide and personalized assistance in order to walk you through the process.
From the moment that we receive your documents, you can be guaranteed that we use the outmost confidentiality and care in handling your information and preparing your documents.

China Crew Member’s (C) Visa

A Crew Visa, or (C) Visa, is issued to a crew member who will be working on an international train, airplane or other vessel destined to China.

Visa Validity:

Multiple entry visas, valid for two years, are usually given to crew members from Northwest, United, Continental, American, FedEx, UPS, Polar Air Cargo and Delta. Crew members of other airlines are usually issued single and double entry visas or multiple entry visas valid for 6 months or 1 year, accordingly.

Visa Requirements:

  1. Passport: Your valid passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of your planned departure and have at least one blank page in it. 

    • The amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for visa stamps.
    • If you do not have any blank visa pages in your passport, you must first amend your passport to have pages added.
    • If your passport expires within six months, you must first renew your passport.

    We can assist you in obtaining a new US passport, renewing your current one, or obtaining additional visa pages for your current valid passport. We will secure your visa using the added pages or new passport.

  2. One completed Visa Application Form (Q1). NOTE: Improperly completed forms may delay the processing of your visa.
  3. One passport picture in color, front view and with a plain/light background.
  4. One copy of your round trip airline tickets and hotel reservation.
  5. Click here for China Consular Fees and the visa processing options. The China Consular fee and the Inter-American Group Service Fee must be paid separately.
  6. Two Letters of Authorization to process your visa.
  7. One completed Customer Order Form.
  8. A letter from your employer (i.e. airline), sponsoring company or shipping company, on company letterhead, addressed to: “Embassy of the People’s Republic of China, Visa Section, Washington D.C.. This letter must:
    • Introduce the applicant, indicating the applicant’s employment status/position held in the company, his or her employee number, and must clearly state that the applicant requires a visa as a crew member;
    • Guarantee the return transportation and sufficient funds for the applicant.
    • Be signed by an officer of the company other than the applicant.
  9. Applicants requesting a multiple entry visa to China must provide a letter stating the need for a multiple entry visa and the dates of future travel to the country.
  10. The original and a photocopy of your company-issued ID.

Additional Requirements:

  • Non US-passport holders, temporary foreign visitors with a valid US visa, or foreign residents with legitimate status in the US may apply for a visa to China.  Applicants in these categories must send a photocopy of their US Green Card, Work Permit, I-20 Form, valid US Visa, and valid ID along with the above requirements.  The Embassy will decide whether to issue the visa on a case by-case basis. The Embassy may ask the applicant to provide additional documents.
  • A first-time applicant whose former nationality was Chinese, must write his/her Chinese name in the application form and submit his/her original Chinese passport and a photocopy of the information page of the passport; if the name in the new passport is different from that in the old one, the official documents for the name change should be provided. For an applicant who was formerly Chinese and has acquired a new US passport and has a Chinese visa in the old US passport, he/she must submit the old US passport or a photocopy of the Chinese visa in addition to the new US passport.

Please send the above documents via Courier Service, FEDEX, UPS or Airport Delivery to the following address, and email with the tracking number:
Inter-American Group, Inc. –
1620 I Street, N.W. Suite 701
Washington, D.C. 20006

  • If you have any questions, please contact us.
  • The Chinese Embassy will not accept Visa applications by mail. Applicants must either contract an agency like Inter-American Group or apply in person.
  • Please read the relevant application instructions.
  • Submitted Visa applications must be filled out completely and correctly.

1620 I Street, N.W. Suite 701 Washington, D.C. 20006
Phone: (202) 223-7203 - Fax: (202) 223-7205 
Toll Free: 1-866-727-7362

Inter-American Group Inc BBB Business Review Find us:
Travel Tools
Business Visa to China
Need a VisaA business visa (F Visa) is issued to an alien who is invited to China for a visit, an investigation, a lecture, to do business, scientific-technological and culture exchanges, short-term advanced studies or internship for a period of no more than six months.
Tourist Visa to China
Need a VisaTourist Visa (L Visa) is issued to an alien who comes to China for sightseeing or visiting family members or friends or for other personal affairs. [more]

Work Visa to China

Need a VisaEmployment (Z) Visa is issued to an alien who comes to China for a post or employment, and his/her accompanying family members. [more]